Cammenga Tritium Compass 3H Oive Drab with pouch
Qty available in stock: 9
See When Others Can’t See.
As a light source, phosphor is good – but Tritium is better:
- It’s always “on” and requires no electrical energy or battery power (that means no recharging either).
- Provides constant, high-contrast illumination in the darkest conditions.
Cammenga is only one of a small handful of U.S. companies licensed to handle Tritium. Working closely with the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) to ensure proper testing and paperwork is always completed.
The Self-Sustaining Power of Tritium.
Tritium is an isotope of hydrogen. It’s converted into a gas and injected into thin, glass vials coated with a phosphor material, creating a fluorescent light. The Tritium-laced glass is cut down into extremely fine pieces and inserted into products such as our compasses.
They’ve been to battlefields all over the world. As the U.S. Military’s official compass manufacturer, Cammenga’s Tritium Lensatic Compasses have proven themselves repeatedly in almost every kind of environment and situation. With each compass, you carry the added assurance of Tritium-based, self-powered lighting that needs no “recharging.” To put it simply: When it comes to performance and accuracy, Cammenga leaves all other compasses behind.
- Equipped with 7 Tritium micro-lights, providing continuous illumination for over 12 years.
- Shockproof, damage-resistant design.
- Waterproof to considerable depths.
- Sandproof for extra durability.
- Accuracy +/- 40 mils.
- Performs flawlessly in temperatures ranging from -50° F to 150° F.
- Uncompromised by temperature changes due to its non-liquid filled needle housing.
- Uses a copper induction-damping ring that slows, settles and steadies the compass needle quickly.
- Constructed with a powder-coated, aluminum frame for optimal endurance.
- NSN: 6605-01-196-6971
- Proudly made with the highest quality in the U.S.A.